Labels

Monday, July 29, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cookies

It looks like you found me...having cookies with my coffee. SO healthy right?!?

Oh my! I can't begin to tell you how deeeelicious these cookies were. I was a sneaky sneak and had waaay more than I should have for one day!


I was in the mood for making cookies and I remember I had pinned this recipe not too long ago. 

cookie1
Michelle over at Our Three Peas has the best recipe for these Snickerdoodle Cookies.


Don't they look so yummy?? Well I ate several of these while the last batch baked and then the morning after I had two more with my coffee and then one more as a snack on my morning walk with my son. Even Preston (the boyfriend) loved these and had more than one. 
You will soon learn that I love to bake and when one bakes too much, your family stops eating all these scrumptious fattening treats. So when Preston had three as soon as they cooled down I, literally, jumped up and down shouting "you ate some!!". 
I know, I'm a nerd. Nothing makes me happier than someone loving something I cooked or baked. 


Surprisingly, I followed just about all of her directions and they turned out great! They were so easy to make too. 
The only thing I changed was the cinnamon/sugar mix used to roll the cookies in before baking. I added one more tablespoon of sugar because I like less cinnamon. 



Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies** makes approx. 4 dz. 2 in cookies
  • 1 c. softened unsalted butter                        
  •  3/4 c brown sugar
  • 3/4 c white granulated sugar
  • 2 lg. eggs
  • 2 3/4 c. flour
  • 2 t. cream of tarter
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 3T sugar & 3 t. cinnamon for rolling
1. preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add eggs in one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients slowly to the butter mix. Mix well.
4. ****Important step: CHILL the dough in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This helps to keep the cookie’s shape while baking.
5. While the dough is chilling, in a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for rolling the cookies in and I like to line the cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. This prevents the cookies from sticking and helps them to cook more evenly.
6. When the dough is chilled, I like to use a cookie scooper and make 1 in. balls of dough. Drop and roll them in the sugar and place on the pan 2 in. apart, don’t overcrowd the cookie sheet. Using the cookie scooper prevents you from handling the dough too much, thus helping to keep it cool and prevent it from spreading on the pan when they are baking.
7. Bake 10-11 minutes per batch, remove from cookie sheet right away and let cool on a wire rack.



Go ahead, give these a try! I dare you!
and let me know what you think.


3 comments:

  1. those look delicious! i still have my baking book where you added your little notes of things to change in the recipe as we went along. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look yummy! Send me some!!

      Delete
    2. that's so cool chelsann7!!

      Denise, next time I'm in town I'll make you some :)

      Delete