Labels

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Patchwork Coasters

Patchwork? You heard it right! I'm usually one that hates little pieces of fabric. I've always thought that the less to cut, the better. Turns out I'm wrong because I loooved making these Coasters. I used Foo Fanagle's Simple Coasters as inspiration and then I made it Mata. What does that mean, you ask? It means that I just made it my own and only used this tutorial as guidance. 


Keep reading to see how they turned out!


So cute right? I looove them! they go perfect with my sewing machine cover I made not too long ago. 

(here is the link to the pattern that I used from Diary of a Crafty Lady)


Foo Fanagle's tutorial for the coasters was so easy to follow!!! But I didn't want to make mine just like hers so I cut out different sizes for the smaller squares and this is the result:

(front)


Also, I love to clash patterns. It's just what I do. And I used my vintage fabric that I found for a great price at the thrift shop.

(back)


All of my coasters are matching except I threw an odd ball in there and used this cute kitty fabric. I love kitties and wish I could get one but my son is still too young. 


I had lots of fun making these and making these doesn't require much sewing skills. This should be an hour project but with my son and working it turned out to a day and a half project. Despite my frequent breaks, this project was easy and fast. 


Go ahead and give them a try! Let me know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment