Labels

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Couponing Week 28

Why week 28? Well that's the week of the year (doesn't everyone know that??) and the way I keep track of my couponing. I usually coupon on a Tuesday or Wednesday but I work everyday this week so I went on a Sunday. Now, let my tell you why this never happens. Sunday's are when the new ads and coupons in the Sunday paper comes out. AKA the day everyone in Idaho coupons.They're all in a hurry to get the best deals first and stores are just chaotic and that plainly stresses me out. I put my big girl panties on, got my coupons ready the night before, and ventured out with Tanner, my son (oh boy!!). 

First stop, Walgreens.
I didn't get much here but I did save $14.20; that's a 65% savings!!

Here is the break down:
Transaction 1: Crest Mouthwash regular price $4.99 on sale for $2.99 with $1.10/1 coupon, I paid $1.89 (before taxes) and I got a register rewards for $1.25.
Transaction 2: was the same as the first for the second bottle of mouthwash.
Transaction 3: Huggies diapers regular price $11.99 on sale for $8.99 with $3/1 coupon and the 2 popcorn bags regular price 2 for $.99 on sale for $.25 each with the in-ad coupon. I used the 2 register rewards for $1.25 each so I paid $3.99 before tax.

All of this I only paid $7.77 when the bag of diapers along on sale was $8.99!!

I was so excited about all of my savings that I had to keep going.

Next stop, Walmart. 
Walmart isn't complicated like Walgreens with the register rewards, in-ad coupons, and limits on the amount of coupons per item. So the break down here is simple.

Reddi-Wip regular price $2.19 roll back price $1.99 with a coupon $1/1= .98
Simply Lemonade $2.00 with .75/1 coupon- $1.25
Milk $2.38 with $1/1 coupon= $1.38
Yogurt 4 @.54 each: $2.16 with $1/4 = $1.16
Relish each .98 with $1/1= .02 (for each) in my pocket!!!
Venus Razors $5.97 each with 2: $5/1 coupon= .97 each!!

All of this at the regular price would be $26.20, I paid $6.45.
Saved $19.75, that's a 75% savings!!

Woot! Woot! Raise the roof!  
(oh wait, that's not cool anymore haha)


If you can only imagine my excitement walking out of Walmart after such great trips!! 

Don't you forget that this whole time I have my 13 month old son with me and let me tell you, children (and most men) don't understand that I need to take my time to make sure I get the best deals. But so far, Tanner has been great so we headed straight to Dollar Tree for some free toothpaste (I may have pushed it here but it was a quick run, I promise!).

Yup, these suckers are only $1 at Dollar Tree and Walmart has them for $2.99 so even if you don't have a coupon, this is a great deal. But it wouldn't be me shopping if there isn't a coupon involved.

$1/1 coupon and I had 3 coupons so I got these for free.

YEAH!!!

So after my incredulous savings, I happily drove home and paced around my house so stoked!!

Its only Thursday and I have yet to get some other good deals, I'll keep ya posted. I'll also have another post coming up about couponing in general and I'll answer questions that you make have or that I'm asked about couponing. 


7 comments:

  1. Very nice. Do you use just the newspaper coupons or do you also use online coupons as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use both- printed from my computer and newspaper coupons

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I have so many questions, but I'll contain myself to a few. How do you go about couponing? Do you say "I need diapers" and then look for diaper coupons? Or do you say "Oh hey, here's a diaper coupon" and then go buy them? Basically, how do you get the coupons to fit your needs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ask away!!! I'll soon have a post about all the couponing questions I've been asked in the past so I'll include yours. What other questions do you have? I'll answer them in the post :)

      Delete
    2. Haha ok...here goes. How do you organize them in a way that you don't forget you have them or let them expire? How do you determine where the best deals are (like which store to go to)? Have you ever done couponing where you've stacked coupons? Have you ever had it where a deal didn't work out? What did you do if it did?

      I'm just really nervous about doing big couponing and it is overwhelming! I'm not even sure how to start it.

      Delete